What Makes The Children’s Blend The Perfect Food For Kids
Everybody can benefit from enhancing their nutrient intake to support their immune support, nervous system, energy and more to thrive and function at their best. So, after supporting thousands upon thousands of pregnant women and mothers with The Mothers Blend, the most common question we received was ‘Can I and how much can I give to my ‘xx’ year old?’. It became a non-negotiable to create a children’s blend specifically suited to their nutrient needs.
Introducing, The Children’s Blend.
Made from some of the world's most nutrient-dense and fermented foods, this food or daily supplement (call it how you wish!) contains specific vitamins and minerals that are important for your child's growth and development in the most perfect balance. Packed with fermented foods that aid digestion and boost immune function, this probiotic blend is designed to support growing bubbas with a little more ease. It can be challenging (and sometimes annoying…) to consistently incorporate foods like kelp for iodine, liver for iron, B vitamins, zinc, choline and folate, fermented foods, green vegetables and vitamin C rich foods like Camu Camu, so this is why it was placed all in the one magical powder.
So, what’s actually in The Children’s Blend and what makes it so great for kids? On top of all The Mothers Blend ingredients, which you can learn about in detail here, you’ll find three key additions that set The Children’s Blend apart and optimise it for children’s needs.
The Key Changes and 3 Key Ingredients That Make This Organic Supplement Perfect For Kids
The iodine in kelp was lowered
Too little iodine can be a problem, and too much iodine can be a problem. Whilst it is fine to give your little one The Mothers Blend and just a much smaller amount. However, it was important to provide the precise right dose for the age of your little one. Iodine can be a challenging nutrient to optimize due to the small array of foods it is in, kelp being the richest source. So we have made this a little easier for you!
While our original Mothers Blend also contains camu camu, we have upped the dose for our Children’s Blend organic supplement. It is high in vitamin C and other nutrients, such as calcium, potassium, and amino acids, making it a powerful ingredient to support your immune system.
Here are a few potential benefits of camu camu powder for children:
- Supports immune function: Camu camu powder is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is an important nutrient for maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin C can help protect against infections and support the body's natural healing process.
- Supports cognitive health: Some research suggests that camu camu powder may help improve memory and cognitive function in children.
- Reduce inflammation: Camu camu powder contains antioxidants, which are compounds that can help protect the body against harmful free radicals and reduce inflammation. This may be beneficial for children with chronic conditions such as asthma or allergies.
Elderberry is a type of berry that is traditionally used to support the immune system and may have other potential health benefits. Here are a few potential benefits of elderberry for children:
- Supports immune function: Elderberry is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to help support the immune system. It may help reduce the severity and duration of cold and flu symptoms.
- Reduce inflammation: Elderberry contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation, which may be beneficial for children with chronic conditions such as asthma or allergies.
- Antiviral properties: Some research suggests that elderberry may have antiviral properties and may be effective at fighting off viral infections.
Chamomile is known for its calming properties and may have other potential health benefits. Whilst there is just a touch of chamomile, even a tea can bring the benefits of chamomile, so a little can go a long way. It isn’t harmful to incorporate more chamomile, though, so if you love the sound of what chamomile is known for, incorporate it in other ways, too!
Here are a few potential benefits of chamomile for children and babies:
- Reduce anxiety and improve sleep: Chamomile has long been used as a natural remedy for anxiety and insomnia. It may help relax the mind and body, and promote a sense of calm.
- Relieve colic symptoms: Chamomile has been known to support digestive health and ease infant colic symptoms such as gastrointestinal pain, cramping, and bloating.
- Sooth sore teeth: Traditionally in western medicine, Chamomile has been used to relieve teething pain. A great idea would be to pop the blend into ice-block moulds with breastmilk, an alternative milk, coconut water or alike and allow your bubba or toddler to enjoy it for a little relief!
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Chamomile contains compounds that may help reduce inflammation, which may be beneficial for children with certain conditions such as allergies or eczema.
- Antibacterial properties: Some research suggests that chamomile may have antibacterial properties and may be effective at fighting off bacterial infections.
Discover everything you need to know about our ingredients and order The Children’s Blend to support your growing family here.